Stevens Point, WI (preferred) or Central WI area
25-75% mostly statewide (project depending)
Security System Technician
We are looking for the right Security Systems Technician to join our team. Do you have 3+ years installing and servicing commercial security systems (cameras, NVR’s, access control systems, etc)? Are you looking for a smaller, family style company? Are you passionate about technology? Are you looking to be part of a team? We’re looking for you. Our Security System Technician will primarily be responsible for installation and service of a variety of low voltage projects to include commercial security cameras and card access systems. Install low voltage cabling, including pathway, conduit, j-hooks, etc. Testing and Inspection of systems. Creating and completing Service/Inspection reports and other necessary paperwork, maintains established PSOL Company Customer Service levels.
The ideal candidate will possess troubleshooting skills and a desire to learn new technologies and procedures.
We offer an excellent employment package of competitive salary, benefits, and a great family style work environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join an energetic, fun, and growing company.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Installing low voltage cabling, including pathway, conduit, hooks, etc.
- Termination and testing of fiber and cat 5/6 cable
- Prepares for security installations & service by reviewing installation/service orders; gathering equipment, supplies, and tools; coordinating schedules with customers.
- Plans security installations and service by surveying and evaluating location; identifying installation requirements; laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Installs/Services security systems, programming and calibrating equipment
- Verifies security system functioning by testing equipment, connections, and signals
- Maintains customer rapport by resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains records by documenting installation, updating camera schedules, etc.
- Maintains safe and secure work environment by following safe practices
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Must be a team player
- Continuous learner
- Enjoy what you do
- Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail & task oriented
- Must have an excellent driving record
- Technical support (or customer support) experience
- Kantech & DSX experience a plus
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant will have to get up to speed quickly and therefore, we will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.