Apply for more information
Stevens Point, WI (preferred) or Central WI area
25-75% mostly statewide (project depending)
2+ years cable experience preferred
Low Voltage Technician
We are looking for a Low Voltage Technician to join our team. This technician will primarily be responsible for installation and service of a variety of cable, pathways, and wire systems. This position safely and professionally completes, coordinates, and directs work related to PSOL services projects, including pulling and installing voice, data, security, and fiber cable, splicing and termination of cabling, testing and inspecting of cable and troubleshoot cabling issues. Installing equipment racks, patch panels and installing cable pathway.
The ideal candidate will possess troubleshooting skills and a desire to learn new technologies and procedures. The overall nature and scope of the position could potentially evolve as the candidates skills expand, leading to additional responsibilities and a deeper role within our company.
We offer an excellent employment package of competitive salary, benefits, and an ideal work environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join an energetic, fun, and stable growing company.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install all low-voltage cable in a professional manner, including but not limited to: voice, data, security, & fiber optic cable
- Install racks, patch panels, and cable pathways
- Terminate & test cables
- Demonstrates a lead by example process in safety compliance and ensures others utilize all appropriate safety equipment and procedures
- Ability to learn testing procedures and cable certification
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and repair/replace as needed
- Regularly completes all written documentation based on PSOL and customer requirements
- Must be a team player and a professional
- Must be very clean, neat, and orderly
- Eagerness to learn
Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong written & verbal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail & task oriented
- Technical support (or customer support) experience
- Reliable transportation
- Must have an excellent driving record
- Valid US Driver’s license in good standing with proof of auto insurance
- Ability to terminate cable according to color codes
- Ability to push/pull and feed cable vertically/horizontally into closets, cable trays, between walls, ceilings and floors, etc.
- Carry and climb ladders
- Carry items up to 75 pounds
- Work on ladders or lifts
- Perform overhead tasks
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant will have to get up to speed quickly and therefore, we will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.